Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream

... with royal jelly!



... and also my 10th post and 1st review! How exciting. So anyway, I've been using this for the past month, and despite its flaws, I believe it's a nice little buy.

Introduction:
Royal Jelly, one of nature’s most nourishing substances, and bee pollen naturally replenish and renew your skin’s essential nutrients, restoring a smooth, youthful appearance. This highly-concentrated formula also contains chamomile, cucumber and rosehip extracts, which are known to promote skin renewal and reduce puffiness and swelling. Natural mica diffuses light to minimize the look of fine lines.
Directions:
Place small dots around eye area and gently smooth into skin.

Fragrance:
For me, the aroma is a turn off. It's more like a fume very musky and "organic." With time, I've grown to tolerate this, and I hardly notice anymore, but it really could smell better.

Texture:
Soft and only slightly grainy. It's not even that noticeable.

Moisturizing:
It's not heavy, but it's not super light, either. I think it strikes a good balance. Personally, I prefer my eye creams a little heavier, but Radiance does the job. You have to pat in gently a couple times for it to really absorb into your skin.

Effectiveness:
Surprisingly, I see results! Now, when I wake up in the morning, I'm no longer greeted by ghastly under-eye circles. My eye area looks brighter, I give the illusion that I've slept a good 8 hours (reality: Tumblred 'til 2AM ), and my fine lines are less noticeable.

Overall:
I bought Radiance after my Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream ran out. I wanted a drugstore alternative since I wasn't willing to spend another $50+ on half a fucking ounce of eye cream. Then I remembered Jenny's post about Burt's Bees eye creams. Since she was pleased with them, I figured, why not try a jar?

Well, I'm glad I did! It's not by all means the best cream out there, but it does a good job for the price and considering it's a drugstore brand. I wouldn't mind buying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...